Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Ruskoka!
Рускока всех поздравляет с Рождеством Христовым и Новым Годом!
Ruskoka greets all its campers, parents, supporters and friends with the upcoming Feast of the Nativity of Christ and with the New Year 2006!
In this e-letter:
- The Matryoshka Ball, February 17, 2006
- Ruskoka 2006 Calendar
- Report on the St. Alexis Chapel
- Ruskoka news - website updates
- Winter Weekend, March 18-19, 2006
- Annual General Meeting, March 22, 2006
The Matryoshka Ball – Бал «Матрёшка» !!!
February 17, 2006
fifth annual winter ball promises to be yet another
elegant, exciting and innovative fund-raiser! Join us on
17th, 2006 at the
This year you are invited to wear a Russian-inspired costume, whether national, literary, historic, folkloric. There will be prizes for best costumes!
away the night to music by the George Grosman Quintet, enjoy
the lottery table, cash bar, and other fabulous
are $75, students $60. Order from: George Skok 416-483-2441 [email protected] Marina Sakuta 416-487-2993
[email protected] Victor Axon 416-503-3112 [email protected] We especially appeal to Ruskoka parents to attend and
support this event - ask about the special rate for Ruskoka
campers! Info at www.ruskoka.com
Dance away the night to music by the George Grosman Quintet, enjoy the lottery table, cash bar, and other fabulous entertainment!
Tickets are $75, students $60. Order from:
George Skok 416-483-2441 [email protected]
Marina Sakuta 416-487-2993 [email protected]
Victor Axon 416-503-3112 [email protected]
We especially appeal to Ruskoka parents to attend and support this event - ask about the special rate for Ruskoka campers!
Info at www.ruskoka.com
Ruskoka 2006 Calendar
Another annual tradition is the release of the Ruskoka calendar. It shows Orthodox holy days and civil calendar dates, highlights Ruskoka and community events, provides info on our supporters in the business community and, of course, features great shots of Ruskoka and its campers! At a cost of only $12, it's great for the home, office or as a stocking stuffer! Order yours through [email protected] or [email protected], or at 416-232-0829.
Report on the St. Alexis Chapel
The exterior of the Ruskoka chapel was completed by volunteers in 2005. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, over $70,000 of the $100,00 cost was reached. Can you make a gift to this project?
Tax deductible donations can be made by cash, cheque or Visa, through one-time gifts, or by monthly or annual pledges. Categories of donations are: Founder – from $3000 / Builder – $2000-$2999 / Supporter – $1000-$1999 / In memoriam – from $1000 / Donor – $100-$999. Contact George Skok at 416-483-2441 or [email protected]. All donors will be acknowledged through plaques, announcements and commemorative lists.
Ruskoka news - website updates
The website has been updated with news and photos of recent happenings:
- the Photo Gallery has been updated with over 400 new photos from the St. Alexis Chapel and from Camp 2005.
- after three years as a provisional member, Ruskoka has received full accreditation in the Ontario Camping Association. Thanks to all the volunteers who helped reach this milestone.
- the Konevets Quartet performed concerts all across Ontario. We are grateful to those who came to help and, of course, to the patrons of this wonderful musical event.
- Sergei Gresserow, a longtime Ruskoka supporter, passed away. Vechnaya pamyat'.
- a pastoral conference was held at Ruskoka for the first time. We were honoured to have Bishop Gabriel and many of the priests and deacons of the Eastern Canadian Diocese in the camp!
Winter Weekend, March 18-19
Every winter year we have a wonderful time in the snow at Ruskoka. We'll head up again on March 18-19, 2006 for winter recreation, work, good Lenten food and services. There are only a limited number of spaces so please advise us early if you want to go! Contact [email protected] or at 416-232-0829.
Annual General Meeting, March 22
The Ruskoka AGM will take place on Wednesday, March 22 in the evening. Open to members, the exact time and location will be announced shortly.
See you in Ruskoka!